A selection of 4000 photographs has been made from the Niestadt brothers' legacy for the Memory of the Netherlands. Important subjects in this collection are:
- Schagen in wartime (approx. 200 photographs);
- The flooding of the Wieringermeer in 1945 (approx. 400 photographs);
- The West-Frisian (folkloric) markets in Schagen (approx. 650 photographs);
- The Easter cattle exhibition in Schagen and agrarian images from the region (approx. 500 photographs);
- Trotting races - short track races (approx. 150 photographs).
Besides the above categories, there's an assorted group of photographs that together offer an image of life in the Schagen region in the period from 1940 until 1980. Various older pictures have also been included that were taken by Niestadt family members from 1875 onwards.
Besides black-and-white 35mm photographs, the selection also contains 6x6cm images, panorama photography and colour photos.