Puppetry used to be a profession/art that was practised mainly by the poor. Even the spectators were working class. In the performed plays, protest against existing social injustice was voiced through the comic characters. Puppetry is based on long-lived traditions, which are different for each country.
- kunstenaar: Hoven, J. van
- Date of creation
- Tijdschriftillustratie voorstellende een poppenkast met publiek
- Come and see! Puppetry in pictures.
- drukwerk (papier), Komt dat zien! Poppentheater in beeld, Poppenspe(e)lmuseum
- for information contact: Hoven, J. van / Poppenspe(e)lmuseum